Hi! Twinsimskeletons nominated me a while back for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and I was way too lazy to do one. But FuturexCarrie recently nominated me for the Liebster Award, so I figure why not do them both at the same time?
Thank you very much to Twinsimskeleton and FuturexCarrie for nominating me!
Update: I got nominated back by Owly and Nocriel. I also saw that I was nominated by Marcy. Thanks a bunch! So I will answer their questions, too.
The Sunshine and Liebster Awards have basically the same rules, and here they are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
4. Notify the bloggers you included.
5. Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
First here are the questions asked by Twinsimskeletons:
1.What or who inspired you to start writing SimLit? I think what inspired me originally was reading The Southern Prettacy. That blog was just amazingly hilarious, and made me want to write something that would make someone else laugh.
2. What’s your favourite animal? Probably dogs. I’m living in an apartment right now and I really want a dog. ;_;
3. Do you have a favourite trope in writing? Only one I can think of that I like right now is the one where if you are reading an action/adventure story, when you see your protagonists talk about and explain their plan, it doesn’t turn out how they expected, but when they don’t explain their plan to the reader, you know it’s going to work perfectly.
4. Do you have a least favourite trope/cliche in writing? I hate when (this usually happens in movies) everything has been going well for a couple but at the very end there is a simple miscommunication that causes them to break up (but you know they will still get back together).
5. Do you write other stories outside of sims? Not really. I wish I made time for it.
6. Do you play any other computer/console games? I am also playing Mass Effect on the Xbox 360. I mainly just play Sims though.
7. How long have you been writing using the sims games? I started writing this legacy in May of 2012. Before that I had done a couple little things over on Blogger.
8. Do you have a favourite story line in the legacy/story you’re working on? I don’t really think of my stuff as storylines because I usually just go with the flow, but I really liked writing for Kim and what she went through.
9.Do you listen to music while you write? Not usually. More likely I have youtube podcasts in the background.
10.What book has most impacted you in the last couple of years, and why? TBH I don’t read much anymore, but a book I read last year that was really good was My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult. It was really interesting and different.
11.Do you have any writing rituals? I don’t think so? Probably, just can’t think of anything right now.
And here are the questions from Carrie:
Who’s your favourite sim? ATM it’s Tom. I’ve played halfway through his generation and I’m having a lot of fun. Before him I think Kim just because I relate to her a lot.
Favourite film? Kill Bill!!!!! I just saw this a few months ago and it became my favorite.
Bright lipsticks: Yay or nay? (i’m yay if ur nay fite me). Lol. Depends on my mood, but mostly yay. I love seeing how other people wear bright colors, too.
Uhhhhhhh I’m running out of ideas so: Favourite song? TBH I love cheesy ’80s love songs, and Heaven is my favorite.
What got you into writing for sims? Reading other people’s stories. 😀
Favourite Holiday (like Easter, May Day, Christmas etc)? Probably Halloween. I love the fall and scary movies.
Best trash TV show? Dr. Phil!
Fast food or healthy stuff: what’s better? Fast food because Taco Bell.
Worst subject at school? Math or Spanish.
How do you feel right now? Still kind of sleepy.
If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound? (I did an AS in this, I know the answer :P) Yes.
Who’s a historical figure you think is neat? Why? Jane Austen. I read a bunch of her books when I was in high school, and I just think it’s really cool how she was able to comment on the social state of things while still being witty and entertaining.
I’ve invited myself over for dinner. What are your making for me? I’m not a natural cook, so how about tacos/burritos? Pretty simple to make.
If you were a sim, which neighborhood would you like to live in? Riverview. It’s just a nice, simple, quiet town.
Who is your favorite premade sim? How about your least favorite? I love Lolly Racket from Twinbrook. I think she’s really pretty and she has some good traits. A long time ago, in the first legacy that I played (which I abandoned because of glitches I think) I used her as my spouse in my second generation. Least favorite, I’m not too sure. Maybe just any Sim who gets assigned to be a papparazzi.
If you could program a robot to do one task for you so you’d never have to do it again, what would it be? It doesn’t matter how complicated the task is; it just has to be something you could do yourself (so you couldn’t program it to make gold out of water unless you can do that yourself, so no cheating!). Washing dishes. I know there are dishwashers, but they don’t do a very good job on really greasy stuff. And you have to prewash before putting stuff in the dishwasher, anyway.
Okay, so now irony kicks in: what do you miss out on by programming the robot to do that task? (ex: you programmed the robot to tuck your children into bed at night, and now your children love the robot more than you). When I wash dishes, I set up my phone so that I can watch YouTube videos or more rarely Netflix while I’m doing it. I guess I would lose this time to just relax while doing a simple, mindless task like the dishes.
What would you like to improve about your writing, and what do you think you already do well? I’d like to improve dialogue writing. I think it is very easy to end up writing awkward/unnatural sounding dialogue, and I would like to avoid this as much as possible. For what I do well, I would like to think that I am good at inserting humor into my writing.
What object from TS3 would you like to have in real life? The Motive Mobile.
What’s your vice? You can tell me. I’m cool. I think my vice is that I say awkward things when I’m nervous. One time I was in a job interview, and the interviewer asked me if I had anything planned that would keep me from work. I was very nervous and wasn’t exactly sure what he was asking, so I just said, “Well, I’m not pregnant,” in a kind of joking way. So he was like, “I just mean vacations or days you need to have off,” and I knew that I blew the interview right there.
Where’s your favorite place to be? Home. I’m a homebody.
Are we–as humans–enacting order in a chaotic universe, or are we enacting chaos in an ordered universe? Both.
1. Who’s your favorite sim? My favorites have been Tom, Kim, and Cinnamon Bun.
2. Do you stage a lot? How do you do it? Not much, but when I do how I do it just depends on what I want to happen. Like if I need to have control of characters outside of my household, I create a copy of my save so I can play that out. Poses are really useful, too.
3. Is there a roll you’d really hate to play? Fulfilled because you are supposed to fulfill every wish that you lock in, and I cancel a lot of them for higher reward stuff. x_x
4. How about a roll you’d love to play? Second Chance.
5. What is your favorite Sims EP and why is it Pets? Ummmm… Yeah, gotta be Pets. I even preordered it when it came out.
6. What parts of yourself as a person in real life do you recognize in your sims (personality, experiences, appearance or whatever) or your story in general? Don’t say nothing, I’m convinced there’s always a little bit of yourself in your sims! 😛 I think I tend to make my Sims more homebodies than outgoing. A lot of them are more introspective. I put a lot of my personality into Kim from my fifth generation.
7. What lifespan do you play your RLC on/how many sim days? I play on a normal lifespan, 90 days. But I have adjusted the days for the different ages.
8. Would you play Sims 3 without any CC or mods? I have before, so I think I would, but the only thing that really bothered me about playing a vanilla game was that townies never did anything. I need story progression.
9. What other games do you play? Do you know Heroes of the Storm (I do not get paid by Blizzard, I’m just curious…)? Lol, only other thing I’m playing right now is Mass Effect, and not even that often. I was playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, but the disc drive on my laptop doesn’t work anymore (this thing is slowly dying).
10. What’s a hobby of yours other than gaming/writing? Knitting while watching TV is my other main hobby.
11. Is eleven questions too many? Yes! It was hard to think of this many to ask.
- What got you into playing Random Legacies/ other sim challenges? I think it was to a point when I was getting a little bored. Me and my sisters used to play together, and that was really fun, but when I moved out to go to college, I think the game became much less interesting. I wanted something to make it fun again. The first challenge I played was the Doppelganger Challenge, which I played when I still had a vanilla game (except for CC). It was really fun, and got me looking for other challenges, and that’s when I found the Random Legacy Challenge.
- If you could add one extra feature to sims 3 (that would be guaranteed to work the way you want it to), what would you add and why? An attraction system that makes sense.
- What is your LEAST favourite EP? I enjoy all the EPs that I have, but the one I probably use the least is Showtime, I think. So I would say it’s my least favorite (although I haven’t played Generations, Island Paradise, or Into the Future).
- If you were a sim, what would be your 3 highest-leveled skills? Writing, cooking, and photography.
- What is your “nightmare roll” for the RLC? The worst combination of rolls you can imagine, essentially. In my first generation my secondary income was mixologist, and if I remember correctly, that character made almost no money and it was very glitchy. So I think the worst roll would be single, 5 kids, mixologist, perfect children, and no strangers.
- What is your favourite “it’s so bad, it’s good” fictional work? (movie, book, etc.) Fateful Findings. I found out about this movie through Your Movie Sucks on YouTube. It’s just so bad; it’s hilarious.
- What is your favourite sport that you do NOT play at the moment? I don’t really watch or play sports, so I’m not sure what to say. Couple months ago I saw a monster truck rally while sitting in a bar, and that was pretty cool (and had this Scooby Doo truck performing tricks).
- Which fictional character do you like that you think you would NOT get along with if they were real? (Can be from something you wrote or from another fictional work) Ummmm… this one’s hard. How about Batman? He has morals, is very interesting to read about, but would be almost impossible to get along with in person, I think.
- Which animal’s existence confuses you the most? (As in, whenever you see it you think, “How is this even a real animal???”) The camel cricket. I hate them so much. 😡 They essentially look like medium sized spiders, but they have legs like crickets or grasshoppers, so they tend to jump. D:<
- If you had to dye your hair to an unnatural colour (or to a different unnatural colour if it’s already such a colour), what would you dye it to and why? I’d pick anything that Guy Tang has done. How about this?
- If you were an adventurer, what atypical (as in, not a dog or a cat) but real animal would you choose as your travelling companion? A ferret. I’ve never had one as a pet, but they seem pretty smart, would be easy to carry around, and could bite my enemies (hopefully not me, though).
A Clover and a Bee
Hiding Out in Sunset Valley
Koyangi Random Legacy
Never Do It Again
Secrets of the Sixkillers
Sleitinn Legacy Challenge
The Only Way Is Up
Questions (some stolen from above):
- What trope are you actively avoiding or embracing in your story?
- How long have you been playing Sims?
- What inspired you to write? (in general or for Sims)
- Who’s your favorite Sim to play?
- Who is your favorite to write?
- What has been your favorite generation?
- How long does it take for you to create a new chapter?
- Do you makeover the townies or just leave them?
- Winter, spring, summer, or fall?
- What movie are you looking forward to seeing?
- How are you doing lately?
Hope everybody is having a great day! I still have eight chapters before I catch up with where I am in-game, and I plan to keep updating every week, so hopefully I can finally finish this legacy as I have another Sims challenge I’ve been thinking about that I want to do.