I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Jowita of Never Do It Again. Thank you so much!
Here is a description of the award: The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
And the rules:
1. In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
(Can you tell I’m copy/pasting? xD)
Here are the questions that Jowita sent me:
1) What do you most enjoy about being a member of the WordPress community? Definitely my favorite part is interacting and making friends with other bloggers. I’d include the blogspot community as part of this, too, since I read blogs on that platform as well. It was really hard to make friends on the Sims forums, I think.
2) How often do you check to see if there’s anything new out here on WordPress? At least every day, usually several times a day. I also spend time on Simblr and Boolprop, which is fun.
Just replace that with *Wordpress, *Youtube, *Simblr, and *Boolprop.
Tom: “Did I hear my name?”
No, I just used a gif with Tom Haverford in it.
Tom: “That’s good enough for me to insert myself.”
3) What makes you call a person a skillful writer? I think a skillful writer is able to create interestingly flawed characters. If your characters are perfect, it just doesn’t feel realistic, and will probably bring the story down even if the plot is great because it is more difficult to relate to those characters who can never do wrong.
4) What do you do when you get bored in your game and don’t know what to write about for your new chapter? [for the game-driven blogs] / What do you do when you feel like you’re stuck on a particular storyline and don’t know where to take it? [for the story-driven blogs]. I’ll answer the game-driven question here. If I’m bored in-game, I just follow what wishes that my Sims come up with, or make them have more babies, lol. I honestly don’t usually get bored, though, because something really wacky always seems to happen.
5) The prettiest Sim you’ve ever had in your game? Gotta say Weston.
This picture doesn’t even do him justice, but I love the evil smirk.
6) Your favorite couple in your gameplay/stories? This one is really hard to choose, but right now it is Christine and Eddy. ❤
7) Your favorite non-romantic relationship in your gameplay/stories? Tom from gen 7 and his grandmother Kim from gen 5. They became really close in-game, and he even dragged her to Storybrook with him.
8) Have you had a Sim that you fell in love with right away? I’d say Gwen. I remember seeing her in town when she was a kid and really wanted her to join the family. Her red hair really caught my eye, and it turns out that she had a lot of things in common with Tom, so it was love at first sight for him, too.
9) If you ever did any storylines, what is the one you’re most proud of? If you didn’t, post the oldest picture from your save. I wouldn’t really say I have storylines here, since mostly my Sims decide what to do and I just make sure it’s within the rules of the challenge and go for it, so here’s my oldest pic:
This picture was never even used in the blog, and I’m not sure why I took it since I don’t have a cas photo of Phil like this. This pic was also taken in the spring of 2012. O_O
10) Have you had any Sims that remind you of someone? I don’t think I’ve ever had a moment of, “That Sim looks just like…!” or “Blank would totally do that!” except in cases where I purposefully created a Sim based on a celebrity or someone in my life.
11) Is there any random fact about your blog story you want to share? This is the hardest question because I’m seriously not sure what to say. Uhhh… Well, I started this blog in May of 2012 (on blogspot) while I was in college and really needed a stress reliever and wanted to write something fun, so that is the Diffy origin. Now, six years later, I’ve been graduated for four years and I’m about to have my 26th birthday in a few days on the 24th of February.
My questions (some inspired/stolen from Jowita, lol):
1) Which social media site is your favorite?
2) How long have you been writing your blog and what made you get started?
3) What made you get into the Sims and what do you think has kept you hooked?
4) Who has been your favorite Sim to play?
5) Had any accidental Sim deaths? (Because I have)
6) If you could learn any skill from the Sims games, what would you choose?
7) Have you made a Simself?
8) What is the oldest pic from your save file/legacy/story? I’m curious!
9) What is a storyline that you scrapped for some reason? It was cringy, it didn’t fit the characters, you got writer’s block, etc. I wanna hear alternate timelines!
10) Have your Sims ever done something autonomously but it actually fit into the storyline/made the story better, so you kept it?
11) What’s a random fact about yourself?
Thanks for reading!